The widespread popularity of cell phones has had a dramatic impact on society. We can now have access to people and information from all over the world in an instant. We can also send information just as easily. The result of this ability has also allowed for a growing trend among people of all ages -- sexting (sending naked pictures of yourself by cell phone).
While sexting can sometimes seem like harmless fun, it can often have much more serious consequences. The next time you are tempted to send an explicit picture of yourself by phone (or ask someone else to do it), you might want to ask yourself some of the following questions:
1. Am I going to REALLY regret this later?
2. Do I really want someone to have proof of this forever?
3. Do I really trust the person I sent it to?
4. Do I really want my value to be reduced to being a tool to be used for someone's pleasure?
5. Do I really want this person to have the picture after we break up?
6. Would I share this picture on a billboard in public?
7. Would I like it if my friends and family ever saw this picture?
8. Would I feel good if my future husband or wife knew that I did this in my past?
9. How would I feel if my picture showed up on a website somewhere?
10. How would I feel if my sister, daughter or other family member was doing this?
11. How am I going to feel the next day after I do this?
Just like anything related to sex, it's a good idea to know where we stand BEFORE the time comes that we have to make a decision about it. Should our beliefs about casual sex or sex before marriage apply to sexting as well?
If you don't feel good about your answers to any of these questions stated above, you might want to think twice the next time you are thinking about hitting "send"...
Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: