So Apparently my list of 101 Mingle Tips has not solved all of the dating and social skills problems in the world. There are still a lot of lonely, poorly mannered, and socially uncomfortable people out there. So here I am. Back with more tips for you. (*New info in blue italics)
I have decided to give updates and new information on each of my original 101 Tips For Social Success With Class.
You can find the updates in blue italics at the end of the original post at the bottom of this page. Happy mingling!
There are few things more annoying than someone who breaks a promise without having a great reason. This rude habit can make us look extremely bad. This brings me to my social skills tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #18: DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO
Some people don't seem to value their word very much. Here are some reasons why breaking our word is a bad idea:
(1) It makes people lose trust in us. It doesn't take more than a couple of times of breaking our word before people will start to think we can't be counted on. Not good.
(2) It's annoying. It may not be the end of the world when people don't follow through with something, but having someone not do something that you were counting on can be a pain.
(3) It's unprofessional. If you break your word in a business situation then you are going to hurt your chances of doing business with that person again. You may even get fired for it.
(4) We can get a bad reputation. Some people hate it so much when others break their word that they will tell people about it. You don't want to have to overcome a negative rep before you even get a chance to make an impression.
(5) It hurts your chances of hanging out with The Mingle Master. What better reason than this to avoid breaking your word, right? If you want to hang out with me, your chances are slim to none if you are in the habit of not doing what you say you are going to do.
UPDATE: A lot of people seem to be casual about breaking their word. It is just not that big a deal to them. The truth is that being truthful and trustworthy is not just something that only the classiest people do. It is something that everyone with character of any kind should be doing too. Breaking your word makes you look really bad, even on small things. Unfortunately, so many people are casual about being loose with their words these days that it will make you stand out if you actually do make a point to make your words mean something. If you want to be a person of character, pay attention to meaning what you say and doing what you say you are going to do. Your class will shine through.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: