Men often have trouble when it comes to dating. We just don't seem to be aware of what is going on around us a lot of the time. So, women, if you want to give yourself the best chance of finding a good relationship, then there are a few things that you may want to consider doing to help your cause.
Here are my best ten tips for you:
(1) Don't wear jewelry (or anything that looks like it might be jewelry) on your ring finger if you aren't married. Don't expect men to be able to figure out what it is, especially from a distance. Yes, men should be smart enough to tell the difference. So what. Why not make it easy on them?
(2) Learn how to give encouragement. Some guys won't act unless they get a sign that you might be interested. Give them a break and help a brother out. If you aren't the bold type, then learn to be subtle about it. Even subtle encouragement can go a long way.
(3) Be truthful. Don't say you have a boyfriend if you don't. Don't give out your number if you aren't interested. Don't agree to go out one and one and then bring your dad. The truth shall set you free (and lies will set you free from me).
(4) Don't over analyze everything that men do. Most men don't think that hard about the meaning behind what they are doing. There is not usually any deep meaning to our actions. There is no need to stress yourself out worrying about it.
(5) Know what men want more than anything else. No, it's not sex. What men want more than anything else is R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Okay, maybe second most. Try to avoid being disrespectful, even in small ways.
(6) Give eye contact to encourage. Some people seem to think that giving eye contact to a stranger is inviting a proposal for marriage. Relax. You never know what interesting person might want to start a conversation with you.
(7) Don't "rescue" your friends from people you don't like (unless they have given you permission ahead of time). You can't always judge a book by it's cover. Let your friend make her own decisions about who she wants to talk to. She doesn't need more than one momma.
(8) Don't demand fast answers to calls, emails, or texts. You knew I had to get at least one tip in about phone manners. We will try to answer you when we can. Don't read too much into it when we don't answer quickly (see tip #4).
(9) Don't tell your friends about every intimate detail about you and the guy you are dating. Respect his privacy (see tip #5).
(10) Don't demand to be treated like a princess. Let the guy decide just how much he wants to pamper you. If he wants to choose to treat you like a princess, awesome. Just don't ever try to make him do it unless you really want to annoy him.
*BONUS TIP (11) Be a very good forgiver. We all make mistakes. People who demand perfection from their significant other are asking for disappointment. It's best to try to not make mountains out of mole hills and not worry about things that aren't really important.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
*Click on one of the icons below to share.
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: