I write a lot about the importance of looking for a good vibe when talking to someone that you might want to consider dating. A good vibe is a signal that the person may be interested. This leads me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #29: LEARN HOW TO RECOGNIZE A GOOD VIBE
Trying to figure out another person's opinion of you based on their body language is not an exact science. There are some clues, though, that can at least give you enough encouragement to keep talking.
Here is a list of signs that people may be interested in you:
(1) They smile. Smiling and/or laughing are obvious signs that a person at least doesn't hate you. That is valuable information.
(2) They give you eye contact. I will have a post soon about the right amount of eye contact to give when talking to strangers. Lack of eye contact is one of the main ways that people will try to show that they aren't interested. If you are getting some decent eye contact, that is a very good sign.
(3) They seem comfortable with you. Remember--the best people to hang out with and/or date are the ones that you are comfortable being around.
(4) They ask questions about you. This is a big one. A person who is just being polite probably won't ask you questions about yourself.
(5) They lightly touch you. This shows extreme comfort with you. That's always good.
Remember, this is just a list of signs that a person may be interested in you. There are no guarantees. Some people may just be naturally friendly and not really want to date you. No amount of good vibes is going to guarantee that a person will want to go out on a date. So, don't go all Sherlock Holmes and decide that someone is madly in love with you just because they did a few of the things I mentioned. The list is just meant to be a guide.
So, be on the lookout for these good vibes when you are talking to people. Using your vibe reading skills can dramatically improve your chances of success. Of course, there is always some risk that the person may say "no" when you ask to see them again. If that happens, don't worry, there will be plenty of more chances.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: