One of my earlier posts discussed the importance of not fearing rejection. If you have been practicing the "just hanging out" attitude like I have been suggesting, hopefully you are learning to overcome this problem. Unless you just crawl up into a ball and hide all day long and take no risks, the time will come when you have to handle rejection. This leads me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #38: HANDLE REJECTION CASUALLY
This may sound much easier said than done, but if you have the right attitude then being casual about rejection is not impossible. If someone agrees to go out with you, or gives you contact information, then great. If your attempt doesn't work, it's not the end of the world.
Keys to handling rejection casually:
(1) Be casual when you ask.
(2) Be casual about the response (no matter what the answer is!).
You can help your chances of being casual about rejection if you do the following things:
(1) Casually talk to strangers in your daily life as much as possible
(2) Don't make a big deal out of asking someone out
(3) Don't wait to be in love before asking someone out
(4) Don't worry about your opportunities to find someone else to go out with if you fail
(5) Don't automatically try to jump into a big first date
(6) Read my blog on a regular basis!
Another key to handling rejection casually is to not be mad at the person if you get turned down . Don't insult them, beg them, throw a fit, or be embarrassed. Some people just don't click. Remember--this is a casual situation. There will be plenty of more chances!
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: