One of the most important things that you can do if you want to improve your mingle skills is to evaluate yourself. That brings me to my mingle tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #81: GIVE YOURSELF MY MINGLE QUIZ AND SEE WHERE YOU NEED IMPROVEMENT
Rate yourself on the comfort you feel on a scale of 0-10 for the category that applies to your interest (#s 1 and 2 should be included in every test along with one other category). See what your score means below.
All social situations:
(1) Making casual comments to a stranger _________ (0-10)
(2) Making conversation/small talk with a stranger _________ (0-10)
(3) Asking about the single status _________ (0-10)
(4) Asking for contact information _________ (0-10)
(5) Giving appropriate eye contact _________ (0-10)
(6) Remaining calm during conversation _________ (0-10)
(7) Talking to someone who is introduced to you _________ (0-10)
(8) Talking to people in groups _________ (0-10)
(9) Remaining calm _________ (0-10)
(10) Avoiding using comments like "um" and "you know" _________ (0-10)
SCORING (out of a possible 40):
0-8 -- Mingle Baby. Get some help so you lose the diapers. Fast.
9-18 -- Mediocre Mingler. Not terrible, not good. This is no way to go through life.
19-28 -- Decent Mingler. So close to really being good. Time to get over the hump.
29-38 -- Smooth Mingler. Now we are getting somewhere. If you reach this point, you are more than ready to hold your own in social situations.
39-40 -- Mingle Master. Don't worry if you can't reach this level. It is a rare individual. Not a bad thing to shoot for, though.
Once you see what your weakness is, take steps to improve yourself in that area. I will be glad to help you with that process. Let me know how it's going for you.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Click on the icons below to share.
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: