People date for different reasons. Some want companionship, some just want sex, some want something long term. The list of reasons different people have probably goes on forever. If you want to mingle with class, however, you should probably not date someone who you know has no chance for anything long term with you. This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP#91: DON'T DATE ANYONE WHO HAS NO LONG TERM CHANCE
Everyone has their own list of things that will eliminate someone from long term dating(or marriage) possibilities. It may be age, religion, weight, height, race, whatever. I am not here to judge you for your reasons. You are the person who has to live with them. If a person does break one of your long term rules, though, you should probably not be dating them in the short term.
Here are some thoughts:
(1) Dating someone with no chance means you are using them for the short term. Ugly. Don't be a user.
(2) Dating people for the short term makes you a player. While being called a "player" may sound cool in the movies, what it really means is that you see other people as objects to take advantage of. Dirty.
(3) Using people hurts your reputation. The truth eventually comes out. Always. It may not come out quickly, but it will come out. Don't get yourself a rep for being a jerk.
(4) The other person may be thinking there is hope for something long term. Don't be a tease. Show some respect for the other person and be honest.
(5) You might miss out on someone else who would be a good fit for you long term. People may value this idea differently depending on their age. Finding someone for the short term may sound fun, but a great long term connection is always better.
UPDATE: (6) You may not always know immediately if someone has no chance of being long term. This is probably true in most situations. There is nothing wrong with giving things a try in these cases. Sometimes, though, you know before you even begin that this person has no zero chance in the long run whatsoever. These are the suggestions that I am suggesting you avoid.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: