Black Friday is one of the most divisive dates on the calendar. Some people love this day, some people hate it. If you are a single man, then it should be one of your favorite days of the year . This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #73: MINGLE ON BLACK FRIDAY (AND MY TOP 6 MINGLE HOLIDAYS)
No matter the size of your city, if you are out of school it can be hard to find places where single people go. You can go to bars, the gym, the dentist, or whatever, but there are no guarantees that single people will be there. Except on mingle holidays. Here are my top six (from 6 to 1):
(6) December 26th. People can't wait to get out and spend that Christmas money. Men will be out in large numbers too, but hey, a little competition is good for you.
(5) Valentines Day. I know, Valentines day is for couples. If you are single on Valentines day, though, don't just sit at home and cry while you eat ice cream and watch The Notebook over and over again. Get out (especially during the day) and maybe you will connect with another single person who would love to meet someone new.
(4) New Year's Eve. This is also one that is better for couples, but there will be plenty of single people out on New Year's Eve as well. If you aren't a drinker, this may not be the best one for you.
(3) Black Friday. So women everywhere arrange their schedules to be able to get out to stores on the day after Thanksgiving? And most men want to stay away like it's the plague? Count me in. And don't be a wuss and say something like "oh boo hoo, the crowds are so big. I get uncomfortable so I'm staying in." Those crowds that you hate so much are full of women. Come on man.
(2) Halloween. People are dressing up, and they are generally in a fun mood. Sounds good to me. Just be careful where you party. Some people and places might be a little too scary.
(1) Christmas. From the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas day, there will be tons of Christmas parties, programs, volunteer opportunities, etc. Plan your calendar accordingly and get out as much as possible while that positive holiday spirit is in the air. Just avoid wearing those crazy sweaters.
UPDATE: (7) Easter. Warm weather, people are in a good mood, excuse to buy chocolate bunnies. Enough said.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: