There you have it. I have come to the end of my 101 essential tips for dating and social skills. I hope I did some good. My goal from the beginning has been to help anyone who feels like they could improve their lives by mastering their dating and/or social skills. That brings me to my final tip:
MINGLE TIP #101: BE A MASTER (OR MISTRESS) OF DATING AND SOCIAL SKILLS
So it turns out that a "mistress" is the female version of a master. Who knew.
A master of dating and social skills is someone who knows how to mingle in a classy way. He or she handles all social situations with comfort and confidence, keeping dignity and self respect intact. Here are a few thoughts about what that looks like:
A master of dating and social skills....
(1) has a goal of staying classy. In most social situations there is a classy way to do things and a not so classy way to do things. Make it your goal to do what's right.
(2) takes risks. Sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't. The fate of the world is not affected either way. It's not that big of a deal.
(3) gets out of the house. Don't waste your whole life away watching to see who wins a rose or gets voted off the island. Get out and interact with people.
(4) talks to people everywhere. Don't wait until you think you found the person of your dreams before you start talking to someone. Be in the habit of breaking the conversation barrier with as many people as possible.
(5) is not afraid to ask for contact information. Don't wait to fall in love at first sight before asking for a way to talk to someone again. Sometimes it takes a while to find out if there is a real connection.
(6) does not wear out his welcome. Persistence can be very successful at times, but it is not always the best way to go. Pay attention to reading the vibe and know when it's time to give up and move on.
(7) gives strong eye contact. Remember, eye contact should be given at least half the time when listening, even more when speaking. Also, eye contact with strangers can help you decide if someone is open to talking to you.
(8) does not kiss up. Looking for a good connection is what civilized people do. Trying to impress someone to win them over is what chumps do. Be real.
So, there you have it, my friends--just a quick summary of my 101 tips to mingle with class and success. To see more detail go back and read my other 100 tips.
I hope you find that connection for a great relationship. I hope you can be the most comfortable person at the party. I hope you stand out in your job interview. And whatever happens...I hope you keep mingling with class.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
*Click on one of the icons below to share.
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: