MINGLE TIP #18: DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU ARE GOING TO DO
Some people don't seem to value their word very much. Here are some reasons why breaking our word is a bad idea:
(1) It makes people lose trust in us. It doesn't take more than a couple of times of breaking our word before people will start to think we can't be counted on. Not good.
(2) It's annoying. It may not be the end of the world when people don't follow through with something, but having someone not do something that you were counting on can be a pain.
(3) It's unprofessional. If you break your word in a business situation then you are going to hurt your chances of doing business with that person again. You may even get fired for it.
(4) We can get a bad reputation. Some people hate it so much when others break their word that they will tell people about it. You don't want to have to overcome a negative rep before you even get a chance to make an impression.
(5) It hurts your chances of hanging out with The Mingle Master. What better reason than this to avoid breaking your word, right? If you want to hang out with me, your chances are slim to none if you are in the habit of not doing what you say you are going to do.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: