Most of the mingling that you see in the movies is unrealistic. This is one of the reasons why people are often misguided when they try to do the same kinds of things in their own lives. There are a few movie characters, however, who have mingled in a civilized way that is both successful and realistic. This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #36: LEARN FROM GREAT MINGLERS FROM THE MOVIES (TOP 5 OF ALL TIME)
Here are my top 5 movie minglers of all time:
(5) Mark Hamill (as Luke) in Star Wars. Saving a girl's life is the ultimate mingle move. Too bad she turned out to be your sister, brah.
(4) Jim Carrey (as Lloyd ) in Dumb and Dumber: Had my favorite mingle quote ever in a movie:
Lloyd: "What are the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me? One in a thousand?"
Girl: Um, more like one in a million.
Lloyd: So you're saying there's a chance!
Now that is the way to stay positive!
(3) Matt Damon (as Will) in Good Will Hunting. Had the all-time greatest line to a mingle competitor:
Will: Do you like apples?
Other Guy: Yeah.
Will: Well, I got her number. How do you like them apples?
(2) Bill Murray (as Phil) in Groundhog Day. So he is reliving the same day over and over again. I heard a movie critic estimate that he relived that day about 10,000 times. That's about what it takes to be able to say exactly the right thing to a girl.
(1) Kevin James (as Albert) in Hitch. The best mingle movie of all time, in my opinion. Albert is definitely not held back by a fear of a girl being "out of his league" in this one. He throws down the inhaler at the end of a date and goes for it. You go, boy. Way to be assertive.
Post a comment of your favorites if you can think of others. I am sure there are many more out there!
(coming soon: mingle role models from t.v.)
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: