A lot of single people get desperate without even realizing it. The know they want a relationship, or a date, or to be married, or whatever. So they go out looking for somebody. They ask their friends to set them up. The get on dating sites. They try to do whatever it takes to find success. The problem is that they often don't really think about what they like and don't like in a potential date. This leads me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #71: KNOW WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR
It is a good idea to know what you are interested in before you decide to start looking. Do you want someone with a certain look? A certain religion? Age? Something else? It is important to have an idea about these things. Here are some problems with not knowing what you are looking for:
(1) You will fall for any pretty face you see. Without being aware of what you like, you will be much more likely to fall for good looks. Pretty faces are a dime a dozen (and they don't last forever anyway). Have an idea of some deeper things that will interest you.
(2) You will decrease your chances of being successful. Even if you don't think about these things ahead of time, you will find out eventually if out if a person doesn't connect with you. Know what you want and give yourself a better chance of recognizing it and reacting accordingly.
(3) You will not know the best places to look. The more you know about what you like, the better chance will have of knowing where to find that kind of person
(4) You will be much more likely to settle. "Settling" is such a negative word when it comes to dating. Don't misunderstand -- "settling" does not mean that you accept someone who is not as good as you are. It simply means that you accept someone who does not meet your standards. Don't settle.
(5) You will lead people on without realizing it. People who wants to date with class should not be the type that lead people on when they aren't really all that interested. Knowing what you like will help keep you from accidentally making this mistake and teasing people that really have no chance.
There you have it. If you are single and looking, give yourself the best chance of finding someone. Know what you like and don't like and what your "make or break" qualities are and go find someone that fits that description.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
*Feel free to share.
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: