I was hanging out recently and something got my attention--there are a lot of ugly people out there. I know, I know, I am a terrible person. I shouldn't talk about ugly people. Don't judge me! This is simply scientific fact. Some people are beautiful, some are ugly. Most are in between. Those are facts of life.
So, if you are an ugly person (or if you just think you are ugly), what should you do about dating? Are you cursed to be alone for the rest of your life? Far from it. Ugly people can find love too (and it may not even have to be with another ugly person).
Have no fear, ugly people, I have some dating tips that can help even you. A lot of these tips can be helpful for everyone, but they are especially applicable for your situation:
(1) Accept that you are ugly. Face reality. Don't worry about things you can't change. Now it may be the case that losing some weight or getting a new hair cut or something could do wonders for your looks. Change some things if you can, but don't worry about the things that you can't control. Accept what you have to work with.
(2) Be rich, famous, or powerful. The bad news is that it is extremely difficult to be any of these things. Most people aren't. The great news, contrary to popular belief, is that these aren't the only ways that an ugly person can get a date.
(3) Don't be a kiss up. This is one of my favorite dating tips for any situation. People aren't impressed by kissing up. Don't resort to sugar blowing to try to compensate for your less than wonderful looks. It wont work.
(4) Be funny. People are more likely to want to date you if you have a good sense of humor. Boring gets old fast, no matter what you look like. Just don't confuse this with thinking you should be a clown. You don't want to be a monkey who has to perform.
(5) Be willing to joke and tease (lightly). This tip is connected to numbers 3 and 4. Don't be so concerned about someone's opinion of you that you won't joke and tease with them. Just be careful not to go too far. There is a very fine line between playfully teasing and being a jerk.
(6) Get involved/volunteer. If you can't win someone over by walking up to them and letting your good looks do the work, then do some good and get involved in your community. Working for good toward a common goal will let people see your winning personality as they get to know you.
(7) Have sincere beliefs/faith. Believe it or not, some people think that committed religious beliefs are much more important than looks. This trait can be very attractive to certain people. They may be rare, but hey, I didn't promise that this would be easy. Just not impossible.
(8) Be smart. That's right people. Every woman out there isn't just looking for a muscly, beefcake type of guy. Some of them are actually into smart people. Maybe you can watch Star Wars or one of those wizard movies together.
So there you have it. No matter how ugly you are, there is hope for you. And don't think you need to do everything on this list to find success. Just one of them might do the trick for you! So get out there and meet some people and see what happens. Just be sure you remember to always mingle with class.
Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
*Click on one of the icons below to share.
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: