So Apparently my list of 101 Mingle Tips has not solved all of the dating and social skills problems in the world. There are still a lot of lonely, poorly mannered, and socially uncomfortable people out there. So here I am. Back with more tips for you.
I have decided to give updates and new information on each of my original 101 Tips For Social Success With Class.
You can find the updates in blue italics at the end of the original post at the bottom of this page. Happy mingling!
People choose the people they date for many different reasons. Some want to be with a person who is great looking. Others may want someone who has money or fame. I am not here to tell you what to look for in your potential dates. That is up to you. If you want something to last, though, the best people to date are the ones who are fun. This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #89: AVOID FUDDY DUDDYS
*Definition of a fuddy duddy: A generally negative person with no sense of humor.
There are plenty of fun and interesting people out there to keep you from feeling like you have to settle on being with boring ones.
Keep your eyes open for the signs that you may be talking to a fuddy duddy:
(1) Fuddy duddies complain all the time. Nobody likes a constant griper.
(2) Fuddy duddies have no sense of humor. This shows up immediately when they don't laugh at your obviously hilarious jokes.
(3) Fuddy duddies are terrified of being embarrassed. Loosen up people. Who cares what people think. Good grief.
(4) Fuddy duddies are extremely mature. Maturity is overrated. I'll be mature when I'm dead.
(5) Fuddy duddies are bossy. This is about the fastest way possible to get me running for the door. I don't think so.
Watch out for these signs. Do your best to avoid fuddy duddies. Life is too short to waste time on these people. Unless you happen to be one yourself, that is. If that is the case, go hang out with your fuddy duddy friends and keep them away from the rest of us.
UPDATE: (6) Fuddy duddies act like they think they are your mom or dad. One of each is all I need, thank you. Go correct someone else.
(7) Fuddy duddies don't take risks. Sometimes playing it safe is the smart thing to do. If you play it safe ALL the time, though, then guess what - you are a fuddy duddy.
Like I said in my original post, life is too short to waste time on people who take it too seriously. Unless that is your thing.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: