I recently completed my list of 101 Essential Tips For Dating And Social Success. I actually had a few good tips left that didn't make the original list, so I wanted to give you a bonus of ten more. Here they are:
1. Go to mingle friendly places. That means two things: 1) There are people there and 2) The setup of the place makes throwaway comments to people easy and casual.
2. Cuss as soon as possible. What?! I thought this was a list about how to mingle in a civilized way. That it true. You may disagree, but I think being real is even more important than being civilized. If you are the type who uses profanity a lot, then don't hold back just because you are meeting a new person. Don't surprise them later. It may be a deal breaker. The sooner they know the better. This advice may not apply in all situations (at work, around parents, etc.), so use your best judgement.
3. Plan your social activities ahead of time. Some of the best events require reservations or planning. Don't get left out of good social activities.
4. Avoid talking to strangers in loud places. Yes, you may find a lot of good looking people at noisy bars and clubs, but sometimes the noise level makes it extremely tough to make casual comments. This is not the best environment to be talking to people you don't know.
5. Don't assume that someone is in love with you just because you get a phone number. Giving out a phone number should only mean that you are interested in talking again. Don't overreact to getting one, and definitely don't count it as some kind of major deal when you get a number from somebody.
6.Dress your age. Quit trying to look and act like something you aren't. Embrace your age, whatever that may be. Good grief.
7.Don't ignore people to show that you aren't interested. I should probably rephrase this to say don't ignore people ever. If someone asks you a question, either in person, by text, by email, or whatever--then you should answer it! Duh. Don't be one of these no-answering losers who hopes things will just go away if they don't get addressed.
8. Don't put too much pressure on any one interaction. Casual, casual, casual. The worst thing that can happen when you are talking to someone is usually just that you find out that there is no connection. Don't worry so much about it. This usually happens when you are concerned about kissing up or impressing someone. Stop it.
9. Women--Be careful about being too assertive. Some men don't want the woman to ask them out. Be careful about being too direct. If you think that is old fashioned thinking or you don't want that kind of guy, then don't worry about it, of course.
10. Use good mingle skills at work. Social skills are often extremely underrated in the business world. Sometimes these skills are all that separates you from you the competition. Do what you can to help your cause.
Keep your eyes open for future posts. Some of them may be in a different format from my usual list of tips, but I will still be continuing my mission of helping people with their dating and social skills.
Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
*Get posts automatically sent to your email. Enter your email address in the box on the right-->>
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: