In my last post, I wrote about my top 5 mingle role models from the movies. This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #37: LEARN FROM GREAT MINGLERS FROM TV SHOWS (TOP 5 OF ALL TIME)
Here is a list of great minglers from television:
(5) Jerry Seinfeld (as Jerry) in Seinfeld. Jerry is the all-time best at following one of my main rules of mingling-"be open to meeting someone anytime anywhere". He asks women out in elevators, at the laundromat, anywhere. This guy dates more beautiful women than any normal man could handle. Yes, he lives in New York where they are plentiful there. Yes, he wrote the episodes. But dang, this guy still works the "casual" mingle attitude to perfection.
(4) Mary Tyler Moore (as Mary) in The MTM Show. Mary is on this list for being minglable. She is constantly meeting guys and then having dinner with them the same night. Maybe that was just how it was in the 70s. If only I had a time machine.
(3) Everyone in MASH. Nothing like a war to put mingling into perspective. These guys use humor like a charm to woo every good looking nurse that comes anywhere near their camp. Who says women don't like funny men.
(2) Tony Randall (as Felix) in the Odd Couple. This guy is a perfect gentleman and he always had a pretty girl. Take notice of that.
(1) John Ritter (as Jack) in Threes Company. He's living with two beautiful women, and yet he still stays a gentleman (most of the time). That is some serious self control, buddy--a key quality for the civilized mingler.
I know that none of these people are real, but they still show examples of good ways to go about mingling in a civilized way. Learn from them.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: