Most of my dating tips are about getting to the point of asking someone out. This is often the part of the dating process that people struggle with the most. It is not usually a good idea to get in "ask-out" mode as soon as you meet someone (unless you have no choice and you find yourself in an "elevator" situation, of course). This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #47: DON'T ASK SOMEONE OUT FOR THE SAME DAY
Hopefully, if you are ready to ask someone out, you have spent a little time together already. You are at least somewhat comfortable with each other. You sense the possibility of a romantic vibe. So now what? There are definitely some things that you can do to give yourself the best chance of success. The timing of the date that you are asking for can make a big difference.
(1) Asking a woman out at the last minute will often lead to failure. There three possible outcomes to this strategy:
1) She is already busy, so she says no.
2) She doesn't have anything planned but she doesn't want to look like she isn't busy, so she still says no.
3) She is not busy and she says yes.
I don't like those odds. Why start out by lowering your chances for success? We definitely don't want to fear failure, but we don't want to do things to hurt our chances either.
(2) When asking a woman out, give her at least two or three days to plan. Try to find a day in the near future when she isn't busy. This shows that you are taking her seriously. She isn't just some last second thought that you had. You are committing to put her on your calendar days in advance. Sometimes little things like that make a big difference. Showing a little respect goes a long way.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: