If you are a person who is interested in finding someone to date, then you should give yourself as many chances as possible of meeting people. This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #52: MAXIMIZE YOUR CHANCES OF MEETING SOMEONE
It make sense that the more people you interact with, the better chance you have of finding a good connection with someone. This is especially true if you are following my advice to be ready to mingle anytime, anywhere. There is more to this than just a matter of numbers, though. Here are some thoughts:
(1) Limit the amount of time you spend on the computer and watching television (unless you are on there reading this blog, of course). I am not saying that you have to give either one up completely, but if you are spending four hours every night watching your shows you aren't going to have much chance of meeting anyone. Don't wait for someone to come to your door...
(2) Go out sometimes when you are tired. Sometimes it's a good idea to make yourself go out even if you don't feel like it. You only live once. Rest later.
(3) Go inside instead of using the drive-through. This one may not seem like that big of a deal, but going through the drive-through gives you a zero percent chance of talking to anyone but the person at the window. Look for chances to avoid those zero percent situations.
(4) Accept as many invitations as possible. A few years ago there was a book and movie called Yes Man. The main character in this book decided to say yes to every single invitation that he got. I am not saying that you have to go that far, but I do recommend that you try to go to social events as much as possible. Stop making excuses!
(5) Plan your weekends ahead of time. Don't get caught trying to plan your weekends or nights out on the fly. You may overlook something. Start a few days early and check out the events that will be happening in your city. Most places have a lot of opportunities to get out and mingle it up.
UPDATE: (6) Don't go out JUST to meet women. Going out with the specific purpose of trying to meet a woman is just asking for frustration. Instead, go out and do things you enjoy. If that means going where the women are, great. Just make sure you aren't going somewhere boring just in hopes of finding someone. You will be much more attractive when you are enjoying yourself too.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: