Somewhere along the way it seems like the line between men and women has become blurred. Many men are now acting like women. Women are acting like men. Call me old fashioned if you want to, but I still believe that there should actually be some differences between men and women. This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #58: MEN: DON'T TRY TO BE CUTE
For some reason a lot of men now think that they need to kiss up and get all cutesy to try to win a woman over (or keep her). If you think that way then you need to take the next hour or two off and read my other 100 tips. Then, when you are done with that, go watch some movies where a lot of things are blowing up and then go build or break something.
Here are some "cute" type of things that guys should avoid at all costs (in my opinion):
(1) Talking to a woman in a cute high pitched, singsong, or baby talk kind of voice. Whoa. If anyone every catches me breaking this rule then you have permission to slap me. There are men who actually do this to try to look good.
(2) Sending cute text messages. Half of our communication seems to be by text these days. Don't sacrifice your manhood in this area either. That means no smiley faces, rare use of exclamation points, and no using the kiss-uppy phrase "Thank you so much," men.
(3) Pretending that you like Disney movies. There is nothing wrong with sacrificing and watching a cute type of movie to do something nice for your significant other. Just don't fake like you like it.
(4) Wearing matching outfits. Have you ever seen couples wearing the same outfits? Guess who's idea that was. And guess who hated the idea but still did it anyway. Man up.
(5) Over-complimenting. A little complimenting is fine. Too much complimenting (or overdoing it) makes it lose it's value and also makes you look like a try hard. Yuck. Say what you mean, mean what you say.
Men--I know that some of you may be saying "Hey Mingle Master, my woman loves it when I act cute." No, she doesn't. She doesn't love that you are being cute. What she loves is that she has taken your manhood away from you and has wrapped you around her little finger. So stop it. Have some respect for yourself, brother.
There are plenty of ways that you can be appealing without having to kiss up and enter the "cute" zone. Your girlfriend or wife has enough female friends already. Don't let yourself be another one.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: