Welcome to the Halloween edition of my series of 101 tips to improve your social and dating skills. Halloween can be a fun time for pretending to be something you aren't. When it comes to dating, there are many crazy people running around pretending like they aren't actually crazy. This can be dangerous for the non-crazy seeking daters. This brings me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #62 (HALLOWEEN EDITION): LOOK FOR EVIDENCE OF "CRAZY" IN POTENTIAL DATES
Some crazy people are very good at hiding their crazy side for a little while. Very few can hide it for long, however. This is one reason why you would be wise to not rush into anything too fast with someone you don't know well.
Here are some tips for recognizing evidence of "crazy" in potential dates:
(1) Obsessive behavior. Is the person texting you 1000 times a day? Calling to see how you are doing every hour? Requiring regular reports about what you are up to? Uh oh. Might be crazy.
(2) Bringing up the "M" word (marriage) wayyyy too early. Okay, the person may not be crazy, but desperate at the very least. That is almost as bad as crazy.
(3) Wild swings in emotions and friendliness levels. Being intensely mad one day and then sugary sweet the next day is a sign of possible instability. Watch out.
(4) Excessive bossiness. Unless you want to live your life like a 50 Shades of Grey character (in which case YOU are the crazy person), then excessive bossiness is a major red flag. If the person is doing this early on in a relationship, you better believe that he or she will probably do it even more the longer it lasts.
(5) Different personalities in different situations. Some people put on a different act depending on who they are around. Stay away from these split personality types . It may just be that the sweet person that you are dating is just one of the parts being played.
Note: Please keep in mind that these tips are only suggestions for trying to spot crazy people. A person may show some of these signs and just be having a bad day. You might be wise to take notice, though, and consider that it might be a sign of future craziness.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: