A lot of men fall apart when they are around beautiful women. This is not breaking news. Guys who are usually calm, cool, and collected in their daily lives suddenly can't talk clearly, can't relax, and pretty much just turn into bumbling idiots. We have all seen it. Many of us may have even been one of these guys at some point (or still are). This leads me to my tip for today:
MINGLE TIP #74: MEN: KNOW HOW TO TALK TO (AND DATE) STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL WOMEN
Many of these tips have already been mentioned in earlier posts. I still want to emphasize the ones that are especially important in this situation.
(1) Do not kiss up. Repeat after me--"I will not kiss up to anyone." (beautiful woman or otherwise). Good grief. Could we all stop acting like we are under some magic doofus spell when we run into a certain people? Do whatever you have to do to avoid kissing up, even if that means constantly reminding yourself when you are talking to someone intimidating.
(2) Give strong eye contact. Don't look away (much). Don't look around like you are nervous. Definitely don't look down. And whatever you do, don't stare at her, um, assets.
(3) Joke around a little. I am not talking about telling some long joke about ministers walking into a bar or something. Just don't feel like you have to be so serious all the time. Many usually fun people get super serious when they want to mingle. This is a bad idea. As they say in baseball, don't get so tense that you squeeze the sawdust out of the bat.
(4) Remember that stunningly beautiful women have usually been hit on for their entire lives. Before you go up and compliment her looks or come up with a cool pick up line, just remember that she has probably heard it a million times since she was about sixteen years old (or earlier). Treat her like a normal person and you will have a much better chance of success.
(5) Don't make the conversation a big deal. Don't act like the gods are smiling on you simply because this stunner is talking to you. It's not that big a deal. And don't get all excited and tell everyone you know just because you got her number or got her to agree to hang out with you one time. That shouldn't be big news in your life--it should be a regular occurrence(Keep reading my blog and it will be). Good grief.
(6) Don't let your mind race. This isn't the movies. Don't let yourself get caught up into thinking that you have fallen in love at first sight just because she has supermodel looks and smiled at you. Take some time and find out what else she has going on for herself before you go getting so attached.
So there you have it. Stunningly beautiful women are people too. Don't be afraid of them or be intimidated by them. Definitely don't feel like you have no chance with them just because you think you may be out of their league. Relax and be comfortable and look for a good connection just like you would with anyone else.
*Follow me on Twitter @TheMingleMaster
***Don't miss a post. Get free email updates below.
AS FEATURED ON: